What would you have done?

Ckrisg

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe you can translate Bkk standardized crime statistics against large American cities (LA, Chicago, Detroit) or Rio or Mexico City from these Thai newspapers?

Probably not the best source for this kind of data needed to support general statements...

But the photos of dead victims every day are a nice touch and does sell newspapers...

CB

How Thailand calculates and how other countries calculate crime are not standardized. One can not calculate oranges with apples. The Thais I know lock their doors. Do not go to certain areas after the sun goes down, etc. because they know there are crime areas. Thais have a tendency not to tell farangs about Thailand because they don't want to lose face. Some farangs actually think Thais really smile and waii all the time - giving a false sense of security.

A former Mrs. Hippie and I were in Tawaan Dang one night, enjoying the food and music. gradually, the place filled up with "Tech students" wanting to hear some band that was to perform that night. She made the comment about "...these tech kids going crazy and killing us, or burning the place down..."

About 20 minutes later, she said "Can we please go now?" As we were leaving, we saw people fighting inside, as well as outside, guys smashing bottles on the floor etc...Saw the same stuff at a Carabao concert. Long story short, violence does seem a way of life in some venues. I do recall many people telling me, violent fights bordering on attempted murder, were common occurrences in some villages.

Should not you be banned for 'outing another poster'? I expect the rules do not apply to you right. I have never accused you on here of being a nutter have I? looks like this board needs all the posters it can get right now, nutter or otherwise.

Hi,

Interesting though that she took six months to respond, drags up this old thread by making a few more posts - and only in this thread - and disappears again.

BTW, as for "It's sad but some people on here will always be accusing others of things they have not done."

Isn't it just as sad that some people feel the need to judge others and the things they do? Even though they know nothing of the circumstances.

I am certain *that* has caused a decline in posting as well, but of course those people would never consider such things as they are never the ones in the wrong.

Sanuk!

The fact remains that GTG IS a real Thai woman and you know that as do others, yet are happy to sit back and see her bullied and called a liar, so what if she took a few month out,some people have better things to do than be posting on here every day. Anyway looks like you lost another long term intelligent poster, don't mean me of course.

It is sad that some will judge others without knowing the facts, nobody knows that better than me.

KS,

Agree. As for why people stopped posting here, a lot has to do with some of the stalking and other crap that has gone on. I know a few guys who left the board(s) because they were tired of having their activities tracked and then held against them by some nut job(s).

As I told you and a few others, I have had to stop meeting people here, and in BKK outside of the Friday nighters, simply because I had a few nut cases stalking me all over the place. Some of these people were just plain scary. I know other board members have had the same thing happen to them, in some cases, much worse.

As far as I am concerned, that has a lot more effect on board participation than me calling in on something the people involved with told me was all a ruse, I got it from the horses mouths. There is an unwritten rule/code out there, when someone calls you on a ruse/game/experiment/bullshit, you own up and cease. I did it when I got called, so did others. No reason the expect any less in this instance.

I would be interested to hear about tracking and nut jobs, in my case it was blackmailed via this site by a nut job and if any calls me a bullshitter they are welcome to read the evidence! maybe I don't know all the facts on this GTG thing but I know the woman posting as such was a real woman as I met her twice, once in Woodstock and later.

I don't look on here much so I take it you may be right about stalking and such. I know two other people on here who were threatened in a similar way to myself, scary as you say.

If this board is going to survive it will obviously have to have a good hard look at the way it is set up and enforcing rules. If it were me I would start (I am serious) by banning anyone found to be using more than one handle, cracking down on stalking on the board and bullying.KS is a nice guy but some on here have not been.

Archived