What would you have done?

Ckrisg

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...It is funny really. I notice a definite trend over the past year or two that many Westerners question anything they don't personally have direct knowledge of. Sort of like the GoodThaiGirl postings on here. Many of us, you included I believe, have met her, but some can't fathom that she is a female for real. Sort of like a friend of mine, highly successful in his professional life and a complete failure in his personal life who truly believes that Western guys cannot meet Thai women unless they pay...

To answer KS's question "...what does this do to your number of views..." To which you replied "...not much..." Truth is, it could increase them, as many *might* want to go and see the original article. Other than that..."...Not much..."

Now, I just spoke to a woman who manages a bar on Soi 13, she said she hadn't heard of any farang being shot in the head near her bar. I would think the girls would have heard this story, and it would have spread through the farang/punter/whore community if no where else. But who knows...?

As for GTG...hmmm...I may have also met her. You may recall, it was at Woodstock, you, WYD, Long Gun and a few others were there, as was KS. I introduced myself around, said hello, was introduced to a few guys I hadn't met on previous occassions, and I was then introduced to a woman and was told she was "Good Thai Girl." Everyone at the table laughed, even the woman.

This woman was late 30's looked like a well seasoned whore, tattooed hands and fingers, decked out in "work clothes" (just my type!) she was laughing at the thought as was everyone else. I said "I figured it was one of you guys." You told me GTG was someone's alter ego, I replied "so having the surgery next week then?" and more laughter, with KS almost spitting his coke out his nose. It was revealed to me at that time that it was all a game.

If GTG is indeed real, then I have to again ask, why doesn't she just come down to meet EVERYONE, none of this "...oops just missed her 30 seconds ago..." stuff that was previously played? Our new meeting place is far more respectable than our original one, so "GTG" should feel at home there. You should have no problem "setting this up."

Obvious jokes and pranks are fun for awhile. But when someone puts their opinions out, trying to add credibility to them by pretending they are from an entirely different person, that is deceptive to me.

People come to these boards for answers and information, they are entitled to accurate sincere information to the best of our understanding and knowledge. When someone asks "what do Thai Girls think about..." and some farangs answer as farangs, that is one thing. When a farang guy pretends to be a Thai woman in an attempt to deceive the farang asking the question, that is just wrong to me.

For the record, I have posted here under the following names:

"Old Hippie"

"Si Saket Girl" (DA!) Created post knee surgery while enjoying vicodin and vodka. BTW, despite the obvious, many here PMd "her" with photos and phone numbers wanting to meet "her"...some were quite nice, some not bad looking, and others were just plain fucked up. I will NOT out any of you!

"Ramon The Towel Boy" Which was pretty obviously a joke...again, some sent photos and phone numbers...one wanted to send flowers.

and...

"BS Taucer" I loved the fan mail, I am sure he will be missed by some. Thanks to those who played along.

Of all the names used, at no time was there ever any attempt at deception, all were obvious prats/put ons. Again, there is a big difference between jokes/fun and out right lying to someone. My apologies if ANYONE took it seriously.

If GTG is indeed real' date=' then I have to again ask, why doesn't she just come down to meet EVERYONE, none of this "...oops just missed her 30 seconds ago..." stuff that was previously played? Our new meeting place is far more respectable than our original one, so "GTG" should feel at home there. You should have no problem "setting this up."

[/quote']

It is new to me that ANYBODY will have to prove his/hers identity at a meeting.

As for women on the board as well for newbies, they are not trusted at all by the 'board elite'.

On the other hand there are board members who don't want to reveal their real live identity and there is no requirement that they have to.

Almost any of the members here on the board (except maybe the regular posters and expats who meet frequently) who goes to the meeting still can present a fake identity, and if he/her goes to the meeting the identity might be still fake except the basics like gender, age, e.g.

Could you please give a VALID reason, why GTG should reveal her identity in real life?

:dunno:

"...Could you please give a VALID reason, why GTG should reveal her identity in real life?..."

She doesn't. But, the question has been raised if she is real or not. And, as she has an interest in this board, and as she "supposedly" showed up at 1 meeting in Nana plaza, there is no reason she can't show up and put the doubters in their/our place(s).

I have had PTs with "her" and gotten all sorts of lame excuses...I confronted/reminded "her" of some facts, and and well, got more lame replies, as have been given here lately.

No, no one HAS TO reveal themselves, but if someone really has an interest, and wants to be taken seriously, there is always a way to back yourself up...especially if you live in BKK and have been to 1 meeting before.

Oh, the premise was, she showed up, but left "...30 seconds...before anyone else showed up..." how convenient.

Archived