Innocent tourist Jailed for no reason

cheekyboy

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing which I think is relevant is that the news paper which reported this is not a regular newspaper.

Its a campaigning newspaper for black issues, it doesnt represent the normal law abiding member of the black community, but the cop killer etc, its that sort of paper.

What I think happened here is that the guy lost his temper in a very explosive way, which wouldnt be taken that seriously in the UK.

Now he's crying and begging for help from officials/ Hopefully he will have learnt a lesson in manners and civility, but I doubt it.

STH

Hi,

Has this story been confirmed to be either true or false?

Sanuk!

Andrew Drummond (doesn't he use the board name famousgrouse on this board) has a blog on the subject: http://www.andrew-drummond.com/2009/03/10/of-an-embassy-and-brits-in-the-sht-blog/

Don't think AD is joking, he talked a lot to the culprit/victim and had some fruitless email exchanges with the British embassy in Bangkok.

I tend to say shame to all of them: the British subject for saying "I am not a fucking idiot", Thai immigration officers and the British embassy for not doing much to help the man out :cussing:

"I was angry. I grabbed my passport and walked out of the Immigration area, saying â??I am a British citizen who has come to your country to spend my money. Donâ??t treat me like a â??f**king idiotâ?? ."

Nothing much more to say...

TH

The guardian picked it up:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/mar/09/thailand-briton-jail-immigration

"They'd kept me waiting an hour studying my passport with a magnifying glass," he said. "I was angry. I grabbed my passport and walked out of the immigration area, saying, 'I'm a British citizen who has come to your country to spend my money. Don't treat me like a fucking idiot."

I'd probably jail the fucker too. It would be absolutely wrong to do so but it would feel SOOOOOO good!

Archived