Innocent tourist Jailed for no reason

cheekyboy

I tend to fume silently, expressing my displeasure with body language and the tone of my responses to questions. Would not occur to me to snatch the passport back with a fuck you and walk away. At that moment, like it or not, your life is in their hands, to react the way he did is just plain immature and irresponsible.

TH

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Same for me. Wouldn't have the guts to actually do something like he did, but thinking about it certainly makes me feel better :)

The punishment is also way too severe in my eyes, probably due to the official 'losing face'. A reprimand and fine, sure, but jail time? Come on!

Sanuk!

â??I was disgusted and beside myself. People talk of them [the British Consulate] like they are the cavalry. If you have issues abroad they come charging to help. But they didnâ??t really help me,â? he fumed. Burrowes was later charged with â??rude and aggressive behaviourâ?? towards an immigration officer, a claim he denies, and was released on £2,000 bail. He must remain in Thailand until his trial begins on April 26, and his lawyer has warned he could face a two-year jail sentence.

Some cool heads needed to get him out of this mess...

Hi,

"charged with â??rude and aggressive behaviourâ?? towards an immigration officer"

So, can those officers be charged with â??rude and aggressive behaviourâ?? towards a traveler as well?

Some of those wankers can be bloody rude as well.

Sanuk!

:yeahthat: There is one immigration officer at Jomtien who treated me like a pile of sh*t...I got the impression he had a pathological hatred for farangs...lets hope he never " loses it " and gets hold of an automatic weapon :yikes: ...of course I smiled through it...what else can you do apart from what this guy did...

Archived