Innocent tourist Jailed for no reason

cheekyboy

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a technical note I believe Immigration have counted four 'f***ings'.

One I believed was used in conjunction with Thailand (possibly also third-world)

One I believe was used in conjunction with 'idiot'

possibly in connection with the words immigration and/or police or both, rather than 'don't treat me like a f...g idiot.'

The third and possibly most damaging was apparently followed by the word 'bitch' (ouch!).

The fourth and possibly most accurate was accompanied by the word r-sole.

Just joking. I cant remember the fourth.

Seems there is a tape. rgds Famous Grouse

There seem to be a couple of innacuracies in the article.

[color:blue]"I begged embassy officials to double check. I knew my passport was legal. I had been using it for ten years."[/color]

British Passports are only valid for ten years so how could he have been using for ten years?

[color:blue]"As a result he was imprisoned in Phuket for three weeks, sharing a space 126 x 52cms with over 100 other prisoners"[/color]

I know Thai prisons are nototious for overcrowding but fitting over 100 people in a space of 0.6552 SQM must be some record, has anyone called the Guiness Book of Records?

He had his passport for nine years plus. Sometimes journalists cant help themselves.

I can see why it would be difficult to fit 100 plus people in a 126 X 52 cm space though.

Think that might have been for each prisoner.

Burrowes is 6ft 3" tall, and close to the open toilet so I guess people were pissing over him all the night too.

Nowhere do I see where he has expressed any personal responsibly or even the slightest bit of contrition or understanding of how his actions got him into this fix. All I see is him acting a like a victim.

I have no sympathy for this supposed marital arts expert that lost his temper. Probably for the first time in his western sheltered life he is paying the full price for his actions. Too bad he wonâ??t be learning his lesson, one reason for which, is the reaction of people that what is happening to him is unjustified. That just reinforces his victim complex.

TH

Hi,

As far as I am concerned he is a victim. Sure, he over-reacted and that certainly didn't help his cause, but I can fully sympathize with his plight.

I also think that even considering jailing him over this is beyond ridiculous.

Officials apparently are allowed to do/say whatever they want, and you (general you) are just to accept it all without any form of recourse. That ain't right.

Sanuk!

It may not be right (no argument from me), but it is what it is the world over. The exact same thing could happen in the US (I won't speak for other countries, but I believe they could as well). Immi Officers are the kings of their own little kingdom. You are in virtual no-man's land, between countries. And hence, little in the way of rights.

I do not mind at all that he got figuratively slapped around, for I support TH's point -- muppets never learn otherwise. However, I agree it is getting old now, the point has been made, and the Thais should just put him on the next plane back to Blighty, never to return again.

Cheers,

SD

Archived