EYES WIDE SHUT

Dumsoda

I guess, as farangs, we take many things for granted, so I thought I'd share something that happened this week, that actually really surprised me.

Over the past few weeks I have become "friendly" with a Dek Serve from a Bar in Cowboy & have BF'd her a couple of times

The manager, who I know quite well, pulled me aside and had a chat....DC...he said....This girl very rarely "goes out"....so make sure you take good care of her and treat her well...

Not a problem, says I....I would never have it any other way

She is very young...19 going on 20....has worked at the Bar for almost a year (straight from school)and is strictly a Service Girl.....

...Yeah....I know....."MY" Dek Serve is....Different....lol

On Monday I received an sms......yep the usual

....I miss U...why you not come see me, why you not send me msg????

I guess it had been 3 or 4 days since I had seen her....so Monday night I called in....and weakened......Ok teerak....you've worked enough tonite...go pay bar...we go outside....

She bounced accross the bar like a little Kangaroo...punching the air....with a "shit eating" grin on her face.....I sorta got the impression she was quite happy with the idea..lol

But let's face it....any girl would be happy to have the opportunity to spend some quality time with such a Han sum man as Moi.....55555

So....off into the night we go....

...Are you hungry teerak....I enquire

..A really dumb question...I know...ever met one that's NOT hungry?

So, off to a small restaurant close by my apartment....quite nice...Thai trendy (in a gay sort of way) but nothing special

We sit outside, close by the water feature...and order..

We're chatting away...and she looks at me with big round "Deer in the Headlights" eyes and says..... This is really Romantic....

FARKKKKKKKKKKKKK......Bells should have been ringing....but all is fine

As the night progressed we chatted about many things and I learned a lot....

A couple of things stuck...

After almost a year in Bangkok, she had never been to the Grand palace....just see on TV

and amazingly....had never seen "The River"

Not only that...but had no idea as to where it was...

Needless to say plans are in place to rectify this (sad to me) situation

So, I guess I had never given much thought to the "existance" these girls lead

Work / Eat / Sleep....Day in / Day out

This place never ceases to Amaze me....in many different ways

Cheers DS

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are actualy quite a few farangs who are the same, one friend of mine who first visited in 1998 and stayed 4-5 / year in Die Nasty Inn never made it out of Soi 4 until 2001 (except for taxi to / from Airport) late brunch / afternoons in Jools 5-7 happy hour at Dynasty then onto NEP.

Then again I hade never been to Washington Square until last week.

I think the point of the thread was to point out the huge economic disparity one encounters in the farang nightlife. What always strikes me is the fact that most us would never have a reason to associate with people in that socio-economic class in our home countries. And then we wonder why we canâ??t understand their behaviors.

:surprised:

TH

Whilst it is a good point you make, that was not the intent behind my post.

I'm not a newbie....I've been coming here for 20+ years

BUT

.....I think it was the "isolation" factor....the cacoon (sp?) they live in that caught me a little off guard

The fact that she did not know where "The River" was ....sorta really threw me

It will be fine .....soon she will know where the river is....

I think Baan Klang Nam might be a good way to show her the water

Reckon all that water will make it an extremely wet night

Cheers DS

I agree with DS - long ago I used to get pissed of the "Thais" I was "associating" with never knew their way around town. Never knew where anything was.

I thought it was a con somehow - turns out they like DS's friend "No. 8" rarely go anywhere.

Oddly we know more about Bangkok than they about Krungtep.

I think Baan Klang Nam might be a good way to show her the water

Cheers DS

DS,

I tend to find Baan Klang Naam slightly overpriced and limited (seafood) menu compared to other riverside restaurants in the same area. For the life of me I cannot remember the name of the place on the west side of the river near to BKN but its at end of Mahai Sawan 6 the soi after.

Our current fave there at the moment is "De River of River" which is on the East bank, cross over the old BKK Bridge and take a left into Chareon Nahkon (instead of right to Marriot resort) then first soi on the left about 100 Meters down just after the pedestrian crossing (Soi 61?). You may have seen the place from BKN since at night time it has an old ferris wheel illuminated. Far wider choice on the menu and a fraction of the cost, also since it has a westerly view its better for the sunset.

Archived