Hobbies

skirtlifter

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aloha all,

Hobbies, too many to list and kind cyclic as well but here's what I'm into:

1) Scale model building, done it since I was about 4 (so that's quite a long time ;) )

2) Photography, mostly aviation (in-flight, not air show) but the occasional landscape, human interest, etc. as well.

3) Fishing of all types.

4) Tennis.

5) Aircraft restoration, not a lot of that lately just some old life support equipment & ejection seats, but have worked on restoring an F-4C (display only) and some WWII iron a few years back. Hope to start working on an F-14D in the near future :D

Fun stuff, wonder how the hell I find time for Thailand??? ;)

Ahui hou :beer:

Boomah

Used to do a lot of watersports in the past but after all there is too much trouble involved keeping boats afloat and it is terribly expensive and time consuming .

Nowadays I spend between 1 and 3 hours a day with my dog in the forest which does not sound very spectacular but what started as a duty has become an addiction . There is hardly anything better than a rainy day and you got the woods exclusively for yourself . My dog is a Hungarian Vizsla which is pricipally a hunting dog but I do not shoot on anything dead or alive so I have to keep the animal happy by giving it various tasks . Result is by the way no overweight for both of us . It is just great .

Hobby II is my business , I love the job and all travelling involved , in particular Eastbound rong range :evilpumpkin:

Sir Bubi:

You do know that some "watersports" can be practiced indoor, is not too expensive and not too much time consuming?

:neener:

Without joking:

A good walk in the forest (and you have some beautiful forests in your country) is really great for the mind and the body.

May I ask what your job is? Why you do love the travels?

I certainly don't travel near as much as you do but I hate the travels my job involves.

(although I do enjoy travels in my freetime)

Archived