Man Flies Plane Into IRS Bldg

Steve

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Medicare and Social Security take 15.2%! and tat really is a tax!

Choose your words carefully , those two are contributions ,mandatory , yes , but you live long enough or get disabled , the contribution comes back to you.

I have no qualms at all contributing to those funds as I know I will need/use them soon enough.

And dont say any BS about how those funds will be empty at this year or that year.

FUCK the IRS and all the predators working for them.

When you start Social Security, you have an option - take it or leave it. If you take it, a small amount is deducted from your SS payments. Since you can't use Medicare outside the US, it would make sense to say no. However, if you change your mind, you'll lose something like 10% of your Medicare benefits for every year you delayed.

This suggests to me that Medicare comes out of the SS money you have paid in.

I was talking to a guy here in NorCal who is a teacher, he claims he does not have to pay into SSI because he has some other pension deal...I know federal workers were exempt at one point...any ideas what he might be on about?

Really dunno , I'm only an expert when it comes to bitching about the IRS.. :grinyes:

When you start Social Security, you have an option - take it or leave it. If you take it, a small amount is deducted from your SS payments. Since you can't use Medicare outside the US, it would make sense to say no. However, if you change your mind, you'll lose something like 10% of your Medicare benefits for every year you delayed.

This suggests to me that Medicare comes out of the SS money you have paid in.

To get around the loop hole of Medicare not paying outside the USA, some people have elected to particate in Medicare part B which does have some plans that provide coverage outside the USA.

Archived