Man Flies Plane Into IRS Bldg

Steve

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is exactly the point. The guy was looking at losing everything over taxes. In many, maybe even most cases involving the IRS, the problem is a simple mistake or misinterpretation of the tax codes, and is unintentional.

Simply paying the additional tax is not enough for these people, they want your blood. They can assess fines and penalties (aren't they the same?) and charge interest prohibited by law in other cases/situations. In short, a simple error could ruin you for life.

This guy was at the end, facing financial ruin and possibly jail, he knew his life was over, as he knew it anyway, and decided to fight back. He left them as little as he could, and did his best to fight back. Most likely he will be painted as some sort of lunatic, but the IRS abuses are well known, and there is no hiding the fact that they are out of control. This is an organization that spends tens of thousands of dollars to collect/seize taxes/assets on tax bills that are worth next to nothing compared to the cost of the raid. They are the governments gestapo. When all else fails, and the government can't get you, the IRS CAN AND WILL. That is the true purpose of their existence. And for that reason alone they need to be abolished.

[color:red]In many, maybe even most cases involving the IRS, the problem is a simple mistake or misinterpretation of the tax codes, and is unintentional.

[/color]

The tax codes are so huge, even the tax man doesn't understand them.

This is very similar to our other laws of the land. They claim ignorance is not a defense but how can somebody be found guilty of violating a law when the prosector does't know all the lands of the law?

I'm no fan of the IRS (and maybe flying into a deserted building at night would be heroic in a bizarro sort of way)...but the average secretary/maintenance worker/cafeteria guy didn't deserve to lose their lives because of the building they work in. Certainly their children didn't deserve to become orphans. Saying "good on him" is kind of sick, and not the sort of world I want to live in.

I'm no fan of the IRS (and maybe flying into a deserted building at night would be heroic in a bizarro sort of way)...but the average secretary/maintenance worker/cafeteria guy didn't deserve to lose their lives because of the building they work in. Certainly their children didn't deserve to become orphans. Saying "good on him" is kind of sick, and not the sort of world I want to live in.

:yeahthat: my point exactly.

I pay very good money to my accountant -who actually makes me money fighting the tax people-, to my laywer -cos everyone in business needs one-, and to my dentist, but I hate the pain she causes me :)

If you know in advance that the IRS is going to fuck with you, just employ a good accountant who knows the law as well as them. and saves you money.

BB

Well, this is the world we do live in. The Auditors, enforcers etc are scum. They are as bad as the chicken shit cops who justify their overtime by writing tickets they know are bullshit, just to fuck. They all do it. When someone manages to get one of them, I am happy to see it. I am sick, I can live with that.

IRS enforcement is nasty and often over kill. Ever see.hear about the raids where they go in at 5 a.m. with guns blazing on some poor family, kids and all? Do they care if they make some kid an orphan? There is a certain segment of law enforcement that loves martyrdom, so fine, give them the satisfaction. This guy with the plane fought back, I applaud that, again, I am sick and I can live with it.

Remember Leona Helmsly? She paid what 6+ million in taxes, and was locked up for a few hundred thousand mistake on the part of her accountant? Turned out her accountant was caught with his hand in the till to the IRS, and he ratted her out. Same was sort of the story with Martha Stewert and a few others. Final price to tax payers was what? and how much did she actually owe?

Same with all these raids, one of my favorites was the guy who fucked up his paper work reporting a camper he inherited, result was he owed 5K in tax, the interest penalties and fines made it more like $25K. IRS storm troopers raided his home at a cost of over $150K, 2 IRS bastards died in the process, so did the guy. For what? they had plenty of other options, they chose force. And they paid for it.

Calling it your job does not make it right. The Nazis at the death camps were just doing their job as well, had I been interned in one of those camps, I'd have been happy to see them all die. But again, I am sick and I can live with it.

AUSTIN  The family of a longtime Internal Revenue Service employee killed when a pilot harboring an anti-IRS grudge flew his plane into his office remembered the Vietnam veteran Saturday as devoted family man who likely would have tried to save his co-workers from the burning building before escaping himself.

“He was full of life. Probably the best teacher I had in my life,†Ken Hunter said of his father, 68-year-old Vernon Hunter. The elder Hunter had been missing and presumed dead since Thursday, when software engineer Andrew Joseph Stack III slammed his plane into the Austin building where Hunter worked as a manager for the IRS.

“People say (Stack) is a patriot. What's he a patriot for? He hasn't served the country. My dad did two tours of Vietnam and this guy is going to be a patriot and no one is going to say that about my dad? That's what got me started talking. I couldn't stand it anymore,†Ken Hunter said.

LINK

Archived