I remember when, I remember

I remember when I lost my mind

There was something so pleasant about that place

Even your emotions have an echo in so much space

And when you're out there without care

Yeah, I was out of touch

But it wasn't because I didn't know enough

I just knew too much -- Crazy by Gnarles Barkley

This part of that song would be in my suicide note if I did something similar.

One of the ironies of it all is that the IRS and the states charge interest and penalties that banks can not do by law because its deemed usurious.

How can it be wrong for the banks to charge this but they can? You would think it would be a slam dunk for anyone to challenge that in the courts right? You'd be wrong. But then again, the courts are part of the same hydra that is our government.

The government has deemed itself above the law.

The sad fact of it all is that we collectively view the tax enforcement areas of our government as some independent entity that is beyond our control when it fact its OUR agency and OUR money that is funding them and OUR elected officials who can change things. Collecively we are too apathetic to do anything about it and they know that. We are all fed this its patriotic to pay your taxes malarkey (did I just use one of my dad's words? Malarkey?! Sh*t I'm getting old!! :( )

and we all agree we are paying too much. Paying a fair tax is okay but can anyone call the current tax code fair? :(

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember when, I remember

I remember when I lost my mind

There was something so pleasant about that place

Even your emotions have an echo in so much space

And when you're out there without care

Yeah, I was out of touch

But it wasn't because I didn't know enough

I just knew too much -- Crazy by Gnarles Barkley

This part of that song would be in my suicide note if I did something similar.

One of the ironies of it all is that the IRS and the states charge interest and penalties that banks can not do by law because its deemed usurious.

How can it be wrong for the banks to charge this but they can? You would think it would be a slam dunk for anyone to challenge that in the courts right? You'd be wrong. But then again, the courts are part of the same hydra that is our government.

The government has deemed itself above the law.

The sad fact of it all is that we collectively view the tax enforcement areas of our government as some independent entity that is beyond our control when it fact its OUR agency and OUR money that is funding them and OUR elected officials who can change things. Collecively we are too apathetic to do anything about it and they know that. We are all fed this its patriotic to pay your taxes malarkey (did I just use one of my dad's words? Malarkey?! Sh*t I'm getting old!! :( )

and we all agree we are paying too much. Paying a fair tax is okay but can anyone call the current tax code fair? :(

For these reasons and others, we need to abolish the IRS.

Archived