Thai-Ness

Yes, ... I found out he gets " personal satisfaction " in helping the less fortunate. A high quality individual in this case a farang to be admired and i'm privileged to know him as a friend.

" No you don't, you still think it's the Farangs fault when its the Thai that are in the wrong, but face and Thai-ness won't allow them to admit it."

Before I answer, I need to to consult with my lawyer ....

I thought you were a lawyer :)

• Like 1

Hi,

I often get the impression the reason people 'tham boon' is more for their own benefit than for someone elses.

Sanuk!

Same same in the Glorious People's Republic, 'Tak Baht' is always undertaken to demonstrate one's humility and goodness, with the firm understanding that merit will be gained.

Hi,

I often get the impression the reason people 'tham boon' is more for their own benefit than for someone elses.

Sanuk!

I really think it is shared. The fact it is done without the expectation of anything in return sits well with me.

Now Bono on the other hand......don't get me started :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

An excellent example of Thai-Ness from this weeks Stickman column,

"Thais always know better and really don't like it when foreigners interfere. Suggestion that the girl should get checked out at hospital wasn't just dismissed, it was considered ridiculous. More alcohol, that was what she needed. The Thais always know better."

Nuff said.

• Like 2