My Corona Diary December 2020 - 2021

Nasiadai

2 hours ago, Nasiadai said:

We - humanity worldwide - will have to live with the Corona virus for a long time.
It could even happen that the coming holiday season for Thailand from October 2021 until the end of March 2022 will also fall victim to the virus. It is likely that the vaccines offer only limited protection; they seem to be almost ineffective against mutations of the Covid-19 virus in particular. Even doctors and virologists don't know anything for sure.

Yep, it just seems that the notion of a return to a degree of normality is getting pushed further and further out, which is kind of depressing. It really seems like most of the world needs to be vaccinated and we hope that the vaccines don't need to be tweaked to fight new variants until this will all be over. How long will that be?

15 April 2021 around 6 a.m. in the Hamburg area.

Early in the morning I look out of the window and I get a shock.
I see hoarfrost on the roofs of the surrounding houses. The roofs are white with a layer of ice.
And the windows of the cars are frozen with thick ice.
The drivers have to scrape away the ice so that they can see through the window.
We had -2 degrees night frost again. That's much too cold for mid-April.
Spring when are you coming?

7 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Yep, it just seems that the notion of a return to a degree of normality is getting pushed further and further out, which is kind of depressing. It really seems like most of the world needs to be vaccinated and we hope that the vaccines don't need to be tweaked to fight new variants until this will all be over. How long will that be?

That is exactly what I am trying to say in my text.
The constant backward shifts.
After the third corona wave comes the fourth, and so on.
This is followed by the third and the fourth lockdown.

The mortality rate is ridiculously low compared to previous pandemics. It is about 0.15 per cent.
The vast majority of those who die belong to an age group that has already reached or significantly exceeded its statistical life expectancy.
Politicians must finally reflect on what they are doing.
Continue to run down the national economies, destroy millions of livelihoods, create millions of unemployed, let tens of thousands of companies go bankrupt, incur billions in further debt?
All this to avoid 0.15 per cent deaths?

We can only hope that the vaccination campaigns will have an effect in the near future, i.e. in the next 2 to 3 months.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nasiadai said:

J In addition, the Euro remains weak due to the gigantic expansion of the money supply by the ECB, state financing and zero interest rate policy, and debt borrowing at dizzying levels.

Here you can see what Nasiadai identifies as the weakness of the Euro , in 2000 it has been on par to the USD.

Chart

5 hours ago, Nasiadai said:

Politicians must finally reflect on what they are doing.
Continue to run down the national economies, destroy millions of livelihoods, create millions of unemployed, let tens of thousands of companies go bankrupt, incur billions in further debt?
All this to avoid 0.15 per cent deaths?

A great reflecting genius is Bolsonaro of Brazil, maybe you have heard of the phantastic results. Who cares about dead people.

15 hours ago, Mekong said:

By default anybody over 55 without a job is, to all intents and purposes, a Retiree

I got that disease at 50.

Mind you, 11 years later I'm happier than ever and I measure time, in chunks the size of a day.

Is it today already? I must finish my coffee before it warms up.

On 4/15/2021 at 6:44 AM, Mekong said:

By default anybody over 55 without a job is, to all intents and purposes, a Retiree   ... We are on the scrap heap

<<< Over 55 without a job getting used to being retired

I caught that at 56, was just getting used to nice and easy then some bastard decided to offer me a job so that's me back in the sandpit until at least the middle of 2023. I might try again after that. Pension is now making bank.

To be honest, mine is mainly by choice. Previous project I was spoiled rotten, 7 years in SE Asia on married status, you get used to being with your wife all the time.

I have been offered work in the sandpit but neither do I want single status again or to take my wife to the Middle East

Now it has happened.

A Pattaya girl I have known since March 2016 has contracted Corona and is in the hospital of her hometown in the quarantine ward. I reported about this girl on German and English language boards in March 2016.

I wrote enthusiastically about this girl; corresponding to my memory:
I kept coming back to this bar because of one particular girl. She was young, incredibly beautiful, radiantly gorgeous, 19 or just 20 years old. Charming, smiling, friendly girl, always in a good mood, turning to me in a friendly way.
Every Baht spent on this lady was well invested. If anyone enjoyed Sanuk, it was me.

A cute thing with fantastic boobies; oh my goodness ..... all real, all natural, no plastic.
Her breasts are simply world class. I have never seen such wonderful big boobs on another Thai girl, not in my 28 year career. I spent great hours with this girl.

If I had been around 28 years at the time, I would have fallen madly in love with this girl.
What would I have done then?
Would I perhaps have become a Liebeskasper or a Liebesclown – a love freak, love clown?
How would I have fared when I returned home a few days or 2 weeks later?
I would have been broken. My family would have wondered, would have worried.
After three months my boss would have had a first serious talk with me and after another month he would have fired me. I would have crawled into a corner or better I would have moved to a heartbreak hotel and died of lovesickness there. And as I slowly die, I softly sing that old Spanish song we all know:

When I left Pattaya, I left my life, I left my love   ---> instad of Cuba --> Pattaya
When I left Pattaya, I left my heart buried
When I left Pattaya, I left its sky, I left its sun
I lost my girl and I left my broken heart

Since that time, we have seen each other every year. During this time we have developed a kind of father-daughter relationship. Her father passed away when she was a small child; she grew up without a father, so to speak.

But she has a big disadvantage. Ugly tottoos.
Already 5 years ago I advised her not to get any more tattoos.  Large parts of her body are covered with ugly tattoos.
I told her clearly at that time that she had really destroyed her beautiful body by the tattoos, made it ugly.
She has not had any new ones done since.
Thank God! She seems to have listened to me.

Now some pictures. 19, 20 years young. She is overwhelming.

Neeon-jung1-radiert.thumb.jpg.641db4c97694287b64dfff6b2c7cd1e2.jpg

Neeon-aktuell-blau-radiert.jpg.52ffeda7b476179a349d929482aea551.jpg

a more recent picture  -  she has been looking for a boyfriend for months.
Any volunteers?

Here LOS RANDAL „Cuando salí de Cuba“ with this wordfamous Spanish tune:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN7P1B3BD4w