Africans on Sukhumvit

Shibuya

Some pretty funny letter in stickman this week.

Do people really think the police aren’t involved in what’s going on?

And it’s no accident that they congregate in the Farang area. That’s where the biggest demand is”

No, it’s just where they allow them to sell it.

Biggest demand is with the millions of Thais who use. Not that anyone who reads stickman is aware of Thai people who have nothing to do with the bar scene 

Sticks site should have a disclaimer stating “This site and its contents are for entertainment purpose only” for readers too stupid to know otherwise. No offense to Stick by the way, and I know he won’t take any.

The problem with the observation is the fact it mentions “Farang” instead of “Tourist”

Any expat Farang who was a social user would have their own suppliers and deals would be carried out away from prying eyes, just like the Local users do in Thailand and people do in their home countries. Street corner deals are totally uncommon, the last time someone offered me any drugs on the street was probably outside the Manchester Apollo in 1978 waiting for the doors to open for a Judas Priest Gig as a 14 year old.

The street corner dealers are aimed at the tourist market, a one of deal and I wouldn’t be surprised it they were knocking out imitation MDMA and Coke

It give us a bloody good laugh though doesn’t it.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2023 at 10:45 PM, Shibuya said:

Some pretty funny letter in stickman this week.

Do people really think the police aren’t involved in what’s going on?

And it’s no accident that they congregate in the Farang area. That’s where the biggest demand is”

No, it’s just where they allow them to sell it.

Biggest demand is with the millions of Thais who use. Not that anyone who reads stickman is aware of Thai people who have nothing to do with the bar scene 

Far too many seem to think the bar scene IS Thailand in an absolute. As for the Africans, the women don’t bother me, some are even attractive. The men with their loud bullshit can be annoying, but usually keep themselves. Last trip I did notice Africans in in many cases Indians were still not welcome in many places…

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mekong said:

There you go fixed it for you.

It shows the mentality / mindset of the people who tend to gravitate towards his site

Probably one of the biggest complaints I get is that the site has too much nightlife coverage. *Many* readers say they don't want nightlife coverage at all. I think you'd be surprised at what people make of stuff.

32 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Probably one of the biggest complaints I get is that the site has too much nightlife coverage. *Many* readers say they don't want nightlife coverage at all. I think you'd be surprised at what people make of stuff.

Well if that is the case your readers email don’t reflect such, a quick glance at this weeks submissions shows 8 emails published of which 1 about Siam Paragon Shooting, 1 about Driving Standards and 6 about Nightlife.

So 75% of published emails is about nightlife yet you say people don’t want nightlife.Surely if that was the case 5 published mails would have been about non nightlife topics to reflect the opinions of your readership.I can only go off what I see, and if seeing most readers submissions relating to nightlife then one.assumes that that is what the majority want. 

Readers who like the Nightlife part of your site are not going to complain because you are giving them what they want, saying “most complaints” is about too much nightlife is an incomplete analysis since there is no comparative data from if you published the site with LESS nightlife, if you did would you get more complaints? You would be daft to try it for fear of upsetting your (silent) core readership.

As I said, I have nothing against you, Jeez we occasionally trade emails, but I stand by my comment that your website “Is for entertainment purposes only”, If someone was to ask me where to find advise on visas for Thailand I would recommend immigration.co.th over stickman.com 

Keep up the good work and keep us ENTERTAINED 

On 10/18/2023 at 4:22 AM, Old Hippie said:

Far too many seem to think the bar scene IS Thailand in an absolute. 

Know loads of people like this. Seemed to meet most of them around COVID with their galaxy brains and comments on closing Nana Plaza being devastating for the Thai economy.

Do these people ever even glance up at the skyscrapers clearly visible from lower Sukhumvit and wonder what exactly it is that goes on in there? 

spoke to one bloke recently who wondered aloud if Thai Airways was struggling financially because Orchard Towers in Singapore closed down and that’s how they made their money 

• Haha 1

On 10/18/2023 at 9:19 AM, Mekong said:

There you go fixed it for you.

It shows the mentality / mindset of the people who tend to gravitate towards his site

That email speculations that Thaksin might not be popular with expats due to his policies possibly increasing the ST price in Soi Cowboy was a stone cold classic 

• Haha 1