WARNING: Ekkamai shakedown!!

dddave

dddave,

sorry to hear this news mate, thanks for sharing and alerting everyone to the latest "Game Plan" of the BIB

Turned out to be an expensive Bus ride for you this time....sheesh... a Taxi would have been 9k "cheaper"...

Personally think you did the right thing and cut your losses, as the possible alternatives don't seem too "pretty"

Only ever used that Bus Station a couple of times in the past 15 years...never liked it and think I'll now give it a total miss in future.

Hope to be in town soon (Solo) and look forward to catching up for a drink (or 3)

Cheers DS

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is kind of an aside, but whenever I have been in LOS, I never carry my passport with me in the street and leave it in the vault of my hotel room, unless I go where I know I need it.

The reason, I don't want to lose it, or the departure card, which can be a lot of extra hassel if that is lost.

I usually have a photocopy of the pertainant page with me.

So is this a good or bad idea?

I do the same. Once they have your passport they have you by the balls.

you have a high ranking police officer/vip in a high place friend?....gee, how original :smirk:

Yes, we all do. As I have said before, there is no doubt in my mind, they'd forget who I was if I ever fucked up and needed them. In short, we all know them, they don't necessarily know us, regardles of claims made here.

Let me add, I do know 1 guy here, who has made calls on another's behalf, and gotten things done, but I consider him a very rare exception.

Allow me to be the first to admit having no local political/police connections whatsoever. I guess I've just been lucky never to have been hassled by the the cops while staggering around the world drunk. It's always the guys trying to conduct routine day-to-day affairs who get shafted.

Let me add, I do know 1 guy here, who has made calls on another's behalf, and gotten things done, but I consider him a very rare exception.

Here as in SFO or here as in BKK?

If you are referring to BKK maybe we know the same guy. If it is, one very well hooked up guy and always willing to help where he can.... :beer::beer::beer:

CTO,

agree...and I tend to do this when I'm in Bkk (or elsewhere) and leave the original locked in my Hotel safe.

I also scan a copy of all relevant documents and email them to my Hotmail account, so in the event of losing anything I can easily access all the data from wherever I am

But, in dddave's case, given that he was coming back from Pattaya, how do you avoid carrying your passport with you??

Also be interested to hear from dddave if the BIB were just randomly "picking targets" or if they were specifically working over the Pattaya Bus??

Whatever, it's not a nice situation and just shows that we probably all need to be more careful because if this is "generating revenue" it sure as hell ain't gunna stop.

Cheers DS

But, in dddave's case, given that he was coming back from Pattaya, how do you avoid carrying your passport with you??

Care to explain. I remember on my one and only trip i didn't need a passport.

Archived