I Want to Post My Experiences Tonight, but Won't, Sick of Being Slamme

expat

Rocancourt was convicted of serious crimes. Christian Troy, on the other hand has not been convicted of anything. If a board member tells me he was ripped off by CT then I would change my view. I don't know what transpired previously. Did see CT even ask for funding for his bar?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A good confidence game involves getting the marks to beg you to invest, you never have to ask them. You build it up with an elaborate plan/dream, make them believe you know what you are doing, and have money...you pay for things, wine them and dine them, win their hearts and minds. Then they ask to invest with you, small amounts, big amounts, doesn't matter it all adds up.

My guess is, after all CT did for you, had you been the least bit inclined to want to own a piece of a bar, and you had asked if he was taking investors, he'd have worked you into the plan.

My guess is no one who was scammed will admit it here, which is understandable.

If a board member tells me he was ripped off by CT then I would change my view. I don't know what transpired previously. Did see CT even ask for funding for his bar?

Please change your view, I am privy to unfortunate circumstances, inflicted on one of my personal friends, by CT in the debacle of that bar.

Coss

I am not really surprised if the whole venture was a pyramid scam.

I always considered CT a blow-hard; never believed what he posted about opening a bar. For sure, a lot of guys give it some thought, especially when they're "newbies" to the LOS. But, usually, sanity prevails (happily). If CT was involved in a pyramid scam, it was becoming apparent toward the end. He didn't divulge the location, always kept pushing the opening date back, and (ESPECIALLY) I was confounded by he amount of time he seemed to be on the internet while getting ready to open such an "ambitious" business venture. Hell, I would be dedicating every waking moment arranging staff, supervising construction, getting permits, identifying suppliers, etc. You just don't have time to be chasing whores and drinking every night if you are truly involved in something like CT said he was.

AS for those who have met CT, I'm sure you found him to be an "engaging" personality. Difficult not to have fond remembrances of a guy who picks up a tab. 55555555 On the other hand, I can imagine a few here who "might've" had more than their share of hooch while discussing CT's big plan. Alcohol does seem to blur the senses, so I am told. If some heavy drinking can raise a girl's attributes from a 3 to an 8+, I can speculate what that might do with respect to alleged plans to open a bar in Pattaya. :content:

I'm with Bust, OH, Coss and others here. (Sorry, Mekong and Spiceman :beer: ).

HH

The owner of the mob I previously worked for has steadily built his business to the point where he is looking for venture capital to expand. He got some marketing bods in to advise him re ways to revamp the business going forward, assuming they would talk about branding etc. They told him to ditch his 5 Series Beemer in favour of a Porsche, start hanging out in trendy bars and generally give off the aura of Christopher Skase because 'people in Sydney will want to do business with someone like that'. He was speechless - this is a guy who is about as straight up and down as any I've encountered, Puritan work ethic almost certainly accompanied by church-going weekends and Sunday picnics with the family, and he was flatly told he needed to become a total wanker to expand interstate.

I think this says more about marketers than anything else, but I also think there is a grain of truth in the 'if you want to make it, start by faking it'. We have a long list of spectacular rises and falls involving guys who would be considered too slimy for most used car dealerships, yet found themselves entertaining Premiers and Prime Ministers. Er, sorry, what was that about 'slimy' ....

Reading about the CT - case : is there anybody here who , for a change , could present some facts which are not hearsay.

Disclaimer : I have no idea who the guy is , it is just tecnical

1. I was around CT in Pattaya for about 5 days

2. He always wanted to pay the bill when out

3. He talked about the bar he was going to open but never showed it to me

4. Even though he knew I worked in the Middle East he never asked me for a baht.

All facts and all I know.

S1

Reading about the CT - case : is there anybody here who , for a change , could present some facts which are not hearsay.

Disclaimer : I have no idea who the guy is , it is just tecnical

He said he and his partners was opening a gogo in Pattaya. As the date for opening approached he did a runner and left his partners holding an empty bag.

Archived