Arizona's Next Immigration Target: Children of Illegals

cavanami

If you are in favor of police asking you abgbout your citizenship, would you also be in favor of the police asking to produce your Federal tax returns because they might suspect you are cheating on your taxes?

If you get stopped in Florida by a Florida policeman, would you not raise an eyebrow if he said you were speeding in Georgia?

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At some point, where does it all stop.

Maybe Arizona should have filed against the Fed gov for not protecting the borders.

Waaaay too much eagle-legal, twisting and turning over some "simple" issues. I say "simple" as it appears simple on the surface :dunno:

If you are in favor of police asking you abgbout your citizenship, would you also be in favor of the police asking to produce your Federal tax returns because they might suspect you are cheating on your taxes?

[color:red]WTF? Tax evasion is a federal offense...now if I was wanted for that, then the cops would take me in on that warrant if I was stopped. You are trying to take things to an extreme to justify doing nothing. We can take anything to an extreme...maybe the cops just should not stop anyone for any violations? [/color]

If you get stopped in Florida by a Florida policeman, would you not raise an eyebrow if he said you were speeding in Georgia?

[color:red]Again WTF? Ok, if you were chased over a state line, or wanted for an offense in another state, no, it would not raise an eyebrow. If he has cause to stop you, he can then make other inquiries, it is done all the time. Broken tail light? pull you over, check registration, insurance, "have you been drinking, where are you going what are you doing...any weapons...?" Been there before...they never stick with just 1 offense.

Dude, you are really losing it here, why can't you just admit there is a problem and something needs to be done?[/color]

Off course, Cav is a guy who whinges that that the Thai police require foreigners to carry their passports at all times...

That discussion has been worn out, but I always carry a copy of my passport. Hardly carry the actual passport.

It is no problem to carry the copy and even in the USA I usually have some form of ID. When I was a yung and handsum man (387 years ago in my dreams) I would run 10 miles a day and not have ID with me. Call me reckless, but this was before 9/11 and all the nonsense we see going on today!

Cheers! stop by Los Cabos...if you dare...actually bring that special person for some Mex food!!!

Frankly, I can't see what the big deal is, so in addition to your driver's license, you show them a wallet size copy of a birth certificate...

I always carry my passport when outside of the USA...and I am not pissed off when the police ask to see it, and check my visa stamps.

Archived