Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

I once asked a Philippine friend who he thought had the best spoken and written English language.

He was no able to be moved from the citizens of the USA, despite me explaining to him that the citizens of England invented and still hold the ownership rights, to English...

• 3 weeks later...

Me, I'm the proud possessor of a wry smile..

The event you refer to is 1 of 7 closely related matters in New York - 6 more to be dealt with.

It was a summary judgement - meaning no trial was needed, the evidence was enough for the judge to make the finding.

There is an order to revoke/cancel or otherwise discontinue the Business Operating Certificates of the New York Trump Org companies. "Oops!" Said the Orange Man to the mirror.

A Trump Lawyer was sanctioned $6,500 ish, the Judicial equivalent of shooting your Baseball Pitcher in the buttock with a Spear Gun.

for a good read

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/sep/27/trump-new-york-real-estate-reaction-fraud

an excerpt:

“Donald Trump is no longer in business,” David Cay Johnston, author of the Trump-themed book The Big Cheat, wrote in DC Report.

“Barring a highly unlikely reversal by an appeals court, Trump’s business assets eventually will be liquidated since he cannot operate them without a business license. The various properties are likely to be sold at fire sale prices and certainly not for top dollar when liquidation begins, probably after all appeals are exhausted.

“I give Trump’s chances of prevailing on appeal at somewhere between zero and nothing except perhaps on some minor procedural point, which you can be sure Trump will describe as complete vindication.”

Joyce Vance, a retired US attorney and University of Alabama law school professor, called Engoron’s ruling “justice”.

“This is New York’s corporate death penalty, applied to Trump because of years of misconduct,” she wrote on X, formerly Twitter.

On 9/27/2023 at 11:30 AM, Coss said:

Me, I'm the proud possessor of a wry smile..

The event you refer to is 1 of 7 closely related matters in New York - 6 more to be dealt with.

It was a summary judgement - meaning no trial was needed, the evidence was enough for the judge to make the finding.

There is an order to revoke/cancel or otherwise discontinue the Business Operating Certificates of the New York Trump Org companies. "Oops!" Said the Orange Man to the mirror.

A Trump Lawyer was sanctioned $6,500 ish, the Judicial equivalent of shooting your Baseball Pitcher in the buttock with a Spear Gun.

for a good read

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/sep/27/trump-new-york-real-estate-reaction-fraud

an excerpt:

“Donald Trump is no longer in business,” David Cay Johnston, author of the Trump-themed book The Big Cheat, wrote in DC Report.

“Barring a highly unlikely reversal by an appeals court, Trump’s business assets eventually will be liquidated since he cannot operate them without a business license. The various properties are likely to be sold at fire sale prices and certainly not for top dollar when liquidation begins, probably after all appeals are exhausted.

“I give Trump’s chances of prevailing on appeal at somewhere between zero and nothing except perhaps on some minor procedural point, which you can be sure Trump will describe as complete vindication.”

Joyce Vance, a retired US attorney and University of Alabama law school professor, called Engoron’s ruling “justice”.

“This is New York’s corporate death penalty, applied to Trump because of years of misconduct,” she wrote on X, formerly Twitter.

Trump will probably transfer at least some of his assets into retirement accounts which can’t be touched in civil matters, and will transfer control to his kids or some holding company that he will sit on the board of. I seriously doubt he will see Jail or lose everything etc…I just can’t see it happening…nice thought, but yeah…no.

Whilst I don't see him getting all his money taken, I think what is happening, is that he'll become just another millionaire, when they sell all his stuff.

He'll become, like one of those Lord's sons, in England who live out their dotage, in the family mansion that has not had maintenance or staff or heating for decades.

And he'll still go out side every morning and shout at the crows.