Why Chinese Mothers Are Superior

unit731

can someone send me the rule book in parenting please!!

I wish there was one, I could have done with it with my twin daughters.

Somehow, not withstanding the fact I was an absent father, I got them thru Uni and they now both have successful professional careers.

They used to resent me, and that was hard to take, but now they recognise how I didn't forget them and looked after them from a distence. Working months on end in Libya for example to earn the money to educate them. those were difficult times but it paid off, they actually respect me now.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can someone send me the rule book in parenting please!!

I'm not a parent and don't really have any qualifications. That said, I'm all about pushing kids and challenging them -- I think we're missing that to some extent in American culture.

But I'm also all for a little defiance and carving your own path. And that's where Tiger Mom alarms me, I don't think her model tolerates that and obedience trumps. But, the human spirit is a tricky thing... the more you try and break it sometimes, the steeper the resistance.

Anyhooooooooo.

You seem like a thoughtful and conscientious person lazy phil, I'm sure you'll do alright. Serious.

I can't imagine what it's like being responsible for another since Birth. AIIIIIIEEEEE!!!!

:)

take care.

Thanks for admitting that Dave.

I too had many preconceived notions about raising kids. They all became null and void after it really happened.

Many here are wrongfully looking at the sizzle in the story and no the steak. The steak is the bits I posted/quoted from her. The sizzle is the over-the-top stuff that sells books.

I also find it ironic that the same group who love to bitch about lazy drunk Thai guys in villages fail to see that letting kids do what they want leads exactly to that (IME, a majority of Thai boys are allowed to to whatever they want by their parents). The Thai girls are challenged and put on a much shorter leash and as a result, are the majority of the workforce and small business owners in Thailand. Keep P4P workers out of this as it has no bearing.

Letting kids watch TV and play with their friends is going to turn them into Thai layabouts? We're talking about letting kids have some choices of their own and not having to grow up in a facsimile of Parris Island USMC boot camp!

I bet this Chinese gals blows a whistle every morning and her kids have to fall in for formation.

p.s. How were you raised, so we know whether to blame you or your parents for the result? ;)

More sizzle there Frash. But hey, it is exciting to pretend to know outrageous shit, right?

How was I raised? Pretty much as I raised my daughters. Hard-assed, no shit taken, I was the boss, not the BFF. They had rules and goals and were expected to stick to them. Much like the Chinese.

And then people complain when the kids raised this way are more successful in schools and in the rest of their lives.

I actually admire parents that have the willpower and discipline to consistently enforce this kind of order in their kids lives, to say nothing of the amount of their own time that it take to do so.

TH

And then people complain when the kids raised this way are more successful in schools and in the rest of their lives.

I actually admire parents that have the willpower and discipline to consistently enforce this kind of order in their kids lives, to say nothing of the amount of their own time that it take to do so.

TH

Alois Schickelgruber was supposed to have been a very strict parent. His kid went a long way in the world. :D

Archived