Uni Girl Wants Me To "Take Care Her Little Bit"

MooNoi

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah right it is part of the Thai concept and/or Thai culture! Yes it would be less stressful to accept all their terms which doesn't mean that we Farangs who live there or spend more more time there than at home can't influence them in a positive way.

Many countries are living from their multi clutural influences, each culture can learn from another! It is a long process over generations!

The thai concept sucks, because it causes all these problems. Young people are not able to grow because they are 'forced' to take care of their families, they are not able to safe up enough for worse times, the same happenend to their moms and grand moms. Time to break the circle IMO. They can learn from us a lot. (little by little)

Could anyone of us afford to live in Thailand if we had to contribute our income to our parents? I guess not! Would we have sold our bodies for sex, to get extra money? I guess not! Here we are, we have education, we have the freedom to choose where we want to live and we don't have money issues like they have. Now tell me guys, you really think it is okay to adapt ALL their stuff just like that?

If one decides to move to another country he is helping the country more when he sticks to his own culture, appreciated or not! The point is that the Thai concept makes it so easy for us men in many ways, what we are able to do over there would bring us in hells kitchen at home.

If some random girl in your home country offers sex for a monthly salary to a friend of yours, you'd say "wow cool, I'd hit it" and deep inside you were thinking "omg, what a fucking slut"

Nobody would take her serious and within 1 week everybody would talk behind her back because nobody would keep it for themselves, because it is totally out of the box!

I am not saying that we should disagree with everything, I am saying that we should contribute a little from our knownledge and doesn't accept everything just because it makes it easier for us and worse for them!

...and never forget where you come from!

ChristianTroy said:

The thai concept sucks, because it causes all these problems. Young people are not able to grow because they are 'forced' to take care of their families, they are not able to safe up enough for worse times, the same happenend to their moms and grand moms. Time to break the circle IMO. They can learn from us a lot. (little by little)

I see you have thought this through. Thailand is a third world, mostly agrarian culture. There is no social safety net. There is no retirement fund. There is no money to save for most families. Children ARE the retirement fund. The more kids you have, the better odds are that you will get taken care of in old age. (Yes, I also understand that there is a greed factor driven by marketing, laziness and conspicious consumption, with some families taking advantage of the above situation, but that's a slim minority).

Do you think Thais (or any other third world culture) like it? No, but there is no choice. They are not as callous and unthankful as we Westerners are to our elders, placing them into old age homes and forgetting about them. They will not let them die alone with no money. Our Western countries were very similar before the Industrial Revolution.

Sooooo, just how do you propose to break this cycle? Start a modern version of the industrial revolution? Just have the kids leave the parents out to dry? No? OK, well how about forcing the government to take education seriously, allowing more foreign investment to create a more modern society all while making sure the haves do not take all the money/progress at the expense of the have nots? Maybe you can start a government-run retirement program?

And Thailand *is* changing. Slowly, but it is. More kids than ever are going to school. There are programs like OTOP that can help people otherwise unable. For all your bluster, what have you done to support any of those things? Have you contributed any money or supplies to a school? Have you even bought anything from an OTOP shop?

ChristianTroy said:

Could anyone of us afford to live in Thailand if we had to contribute our income to our parents? I guess not! Would we have sold our bodies for sex, to get extra money? I guess not! Here we are, we have education, we have the freedom to choose where we want to live and we don't have money issues like they have. Now tell me guys, you really think it is okay to adapt ALL their stuff just like that?

Speak for yourself. I paid for all my parents expenses, save about $700/month, after Uni because they had nothing and I wanted to share my income with them. After my Dad died, I bought my Mom a condo and paid all her bills save medical for which she had insurance.

Who is saying adapt their stuff? I am saying accept it cuz that is the way it is and has been for thousands of years (not just LoS, but everywhere). If you do not, you come off as arrogant (I'm a Yank, I know arrogant :D), and people dislike that. Maybe this is why you keep having relationship issues.

Now you may be able to influence change, and I also try to do so, but it will take generations. And you need to act subtlely. You cannot push the elephant, but you *can* lead it somewhere.

ChristianTroy said:

If one decides to move to another country he is helping the country more when he sticks to his own culture, appreciated or not!

Huh? Why on Earth would you think that???? This is the pinnacle of arrogance -- the most idiotic thing I have ever heard! What makes you think you are superior to anyone??? That statement explains much about your character and why you will fail miserably if you ever move to a foreign country. You *sure* you are not a Yank LOL?

To successfully live is a different country, you must accept most things, especially things that do not affect you personally, but do not sell your soul. It is a difficult balancing act. People who see in black & white only will always fail. It is almost *always* a shade of grey.

ChristianTroy said:

If some random girl in your home country offers sex for a monthly salary to a friend of yours, you'd say "wow cool, I'd hit it" and deep inside you were thinking "omg, what a fucking slut"

Nobody would take her serious and within 1 week everybody would talk behind her back because nobody would keep it for themselves, because it is totally out of the box!

You sure seem to have a deep hatred for women who either enjoy sex or who sell themselves. Why is that? What have they ever done to you? If they want to sell themselves, then let them do so. Why is it any matter of yours? And why pray tell do you hate them so much, yet at the same time use their services and hang out in a place (here) that celebrates whores? Weird.

ChristianTroy said:

...and never forget where you come from!

At least that is an intelligent remark, but you need to carry it deeper than you are currently thinking.

Ah, but what the hell...what do I know? All I do know for sure is that I really know fuck all about any of it after living in Asia for 20 years. I am just feeling so thankful that you know so much after coming here a few times. [/snark]

Now we are way too far off topic. I suggest to start a new thread if you want to carry this further.

Regards,

SD -- bored, waiting for my plane

Sd, just a few words to your word twisting reply!

Congrats for living 20 years in Asia, I have an asian momma for 34 years, not saying it makes me more qualified, just mentioning it!

This thread isn't about me, it is about ONE POV. Just because you are talking louder doesn't make it right!

There are many things the Thais can learn from Farangs, from each and every farang culture! As we can learn in many ways from them! As not to let down your family!

You can't break the cycle for all of them and there is no need to act like a Knight. That wasn't the point. What we can do is to help the ones we care for. We can give them water or we can show them how to dig a well! We can teach them about our way of financial security.We can make them aware and we ca try to make them understand things they don't know!

I am definately from a different generation as you, which makes us have a different POV. Raised by a Tebetan and very spiritual mother I was told to help and share my knownledge.

+ I feel that the essence of spiritual practice is your attitude toward others. When you have a pure, sincere motivation, then you have right attitude toward others based on kindness, compassion, love and respect. The Dalai Lama +

You are talking about me not respecting their culture, this is not true, you don't respect opinions next to yours, and most likely you don't see the trees in the forrest anymore after living there for 20 years! I accept it, I respect it and I don't like it since there could be things done better! Even you could do better!

That's all I was saying! Thanx for wanting to misunderstand it and thanx for twisting my words, you are an interesting man!

ChristianTroy said:
Nervous_Dog said:

Where is Tebet CT? Near Nipal? Your not Thai 3 in disguise are you?

you didn't find more typos in that post? ;) No I am Si Saket Girl in disguise!

Which might make me/you gay then, as I...oh never mind... :)

"SD -- bored, waiting for my plane "

Dont you ever get bored with your unremittingly omnipotent view of others? Not to mention your special brand of embarrasingly yankee arrogance ?

Your delivery is so repetitive that although at times although quite lucid it is just so boring and predictable.

JI >

In many ways Thais are *much* more pragmatic about relationships than we are.

If OP does go this route (and frankly, why not if he can keep his emotions out of this), he should remember that handing over wads of cash is definately "tacky", and should be looking at direct deposits into a bank account.

-j- <

i think indeed JI has posted the most sensible response on this thread.

If FlyP counld indeed keep his emotions out of the game, he could have a very good arrangement for what i consider a reasonable price.

Although I enjoy hanging out in bars when I'm in BKK, sometimes I get tired of this 'every night quest for finding yet another girl to sleep with".

Often most of the money I spend in a night is not the LT fee, but all the drinks, LD's etc, while drifting from bar to bar, trying to find the right one. And then still, it is a hit or miss affair.

If I'd live there, or visit on a more regular basis, a monthly 8K bt payment to secure 4 or 5 overnight stays with a girl whose company I enjoy would seem a sensible arrangement.

But she's have to be good in bed, otherwise it would be silly to spend a regular amount.

So, go for it FlyP, but have a test run first!

Archived