Fucking Furious

LookieLookie

Dear Wonder, I forgot to add, the damage can never be pecuniary damage. The damage is to their reputation - that is the damage.

This area of law is so old it is even in Roman Law, that's how far back the civilized society said that you could not go up to someone and make a sexist/demeaning slur to belittle them in a public domain.

This poor chap, because of this vile women has been ostracized by his peers.

Their was a recent example (2-3 years ago) here on Oz TV, where a current affairs show did a story on so called sex tourists. They showed a clip with a man posing with a scantily clad young girl (the TV does not adequately show it is 35C and that is what you wear there), who looked about 14 and she was sitting on his lap. Anyway, the story was very misleading and the obvious insinuation was that this man was a sex tourist and this poor lass was on his wish list. It turned out it was his daughter and they sued the show. He ended up with a handsome handshake as it is clear to anyone, that damage has occurred.

There is a vast difference between free speech and hate speech!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spoke to my boss very calmly and advised what had happend and that what she said was ongoing and shouldn't happen. My boss at first questioned whether I was making some sort of ploy as she knew I wasn't particularly happy with the company. Then, after I expressed how dissappointed I was that she would even suggest that I was making this up she gave me a talk on how she had come far worse abuse in her former jobs. I then pointed out that if I had said to a woman in the office "hey nice tits babe" that I'd have been fired within 3.5 seconds of those words coming out of my mouth. She then assured me the company was taking it very seriously. She had a meeting with the girl and several days have passed and I can't see any action and I haven't been notified at all.

Even more interesting is that the boss and the girl now seem to be quite cosy and I suspect the girl has given some sort of story that it was a joke or something like that and the boss has sympathised with her. They probably see the matter as dead as I've also expressed my desire to leave the company in the near future. My boss has tried to talk me out of leaving which I'm quite surprised at. I think they are trying to avoid a) me leaving after only being at the company for a short time B) me running off and creating any kind of problem for them over this incident.

I haven't made any kind of demands or threats I've simply stated that it shouldn't happen and I've gone about my job as always without acknowledging or creating any kind of issues with the girl who sits a few feet away. They should be grateful I haven't pressed the issue but their lack of action is getting me riled up all over again.

I'm going to ask my boss what's been done and if she says everything's alright I might put the wind up her skirt by telling her that I'll go above her head. I'm sure they just want the issue to go away as companies only give a fuck about their employees making money for them everything else is a waste of their time.

Dear Wonder, I forgot to add, the damage can never be pecuniary damage. The damage is to their reputation - that is the damage.

You very obviously are not a lawyer if that's what you think. Maybe a paralegal with a 3rd class degree in law and sociology? Anyway, it's definitely time to go back to the law books before giving any more legal advice.

I spoke to my boss very calmly and advised what had happend and that what she said was ongoing and shouldn't happen. My boss at first questioned whether I was making some sort of ploy as she knew I wasn't particularly happy with the company. Then, after I expressed how dissappointed I was that she would even suggest that I was making this up she gave me a talk on how she had come far worse abuse in her former jobs. I then pointed out that if I had said to a woman in the office "hey nice tits babe" that I'd have been fired within 3.5 seconds of those words coming out of my mouth. She then assured me the company was taking it very seriously. She had a meeting with the girl and several days have passed and I can't see any action and I haven't been notified at all.

Even more interesting is that the boss and the girl now seem to be quite cosy and I suspect the girl has given some sort of story that it was a joke or something like that and the boss has sympathised with her. They probably see the matter as dead as I've also expressed my desire to leave the company in the near future. My boss has tried to talk me out of leaving which I'm quite surprised at. I think they are trying to avoid a) me leaving after only being at the company for a short time B) me running off and creating any kind of problem for them over this incident.

I haven't made any kind of demands or threats I've simply stated that it shouldn't happen and I've gone about my job as always without acknowledging or creating any kind of issues with the girl who sits a few feet away. They should be grateful I haven't pressed the issue but their lack of action is getting me riled up all over again.

I'm going to ask my boss what's been done and if she says everything's alright I might put the wind up her skirt by telling her that I'll go above her head. I'm sure they just want the issue to go away as companies only give a fuck about their employees making money for them everything else is a waste of their time.

Why don't you go back to your boss and suggest that you all meet in a hotel room for a good hard threesome.

Give them such a good going over that they will know where your real interests lie and will stop bothering you.

Because it seems to me you must be pretty pathetic if your allowing youself to be bullied by two women in your office. Show them what you're made of FFS. :shakehead

Trouble with australian law - to prove damages you need to be able attribute and prove a financial amount

Me saying that your a bad man who eats lamb pie and comes to Thailand too often - as much as you may not want it known publicly - unless it causes you financial loss - there is no "gain"

Damage to reputation alone isn't enough.

Gee...you sound surprised... :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

You forgot to mention in your original post that your boss was a woman... :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I stand by my original advice but unfortunately you have lost the advantage of surprise now. I still would be going and speaking to a solicitor.

CTO agree with your analysis but this is in the workplace which gives it a entirely different status.

Sexual harassment in the workplace (which I am guessing this would come under) is easier to take to a litigation process because it is based on career and earnings.

In the USA, you can file a complaint with Government agencies, like the EEOC, for free.

If you go to a lawyer (solicitor), they will want money up front and usually will not take such a case on a contingency basis.

I have seen $20,000 USD the amount of the "up front money"...sooo, I would start with a formal, gov agency complaint (free) as the lawyer (solicitor) will most likely file one for you anyhow (at your expense)...IMO

Archived