Coup?

CTO

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TH - I actually think the caretaker situation will last 6 months at least - maybe longer.

This time another constitution drawn to eliminate the problem of those pesky uneducated people voting TRT/PPP/New Name party.

That way next election no problem - no democracy.

Maybe they should bring in laws such as those involved in politics can't be involved in businesses.

Strong anti-corruption penalties, such as life bans and imprisonment would be nice too

The re-making of a party under a new name should be illegal as it is a blatant abuse of the laws. You can't argue this CTO, crooks are crooks and should be barred from politics. It's not democracy, it is taking the piss out of democracy! People involved in election fraud and their associated party should be permanently removed from politics.

As for your defense of the people who voted PPP....I strongly believe it is up to the government to make sure the people receive a good education. Did they under Mr T? Did he seek to educate the masses so they'd be better informed? I bow down to your greater awareness on this issue...I've only been here a few years and therefore couldn't possibly understand what I'm talking about.

I bow down to your greater awareness on this issue...I've only been here a few years and therefore couldn't possibly understand what I'm talking about.

No, no, no! CTO believes that anyone's opinion has equal weight, even those who come here for one week every five years and get all their political news from Noi at the BG7. Everyone knows everything about what's going on! :banghead:

I guess that will always be the core disagreement we have as we differing opinions, based on personal experience, on if the upcountry elections are actually democratic in the first place. I still maintain, that from what I have seen, these â??pesky uneducated peopleâ? have always just voted as they are told to do by the people that have been doing so for a long time. Until the upcountry power brokers no longer are able to control the voting in their districts, rich, smart guys like Thaksin will be able to hold the country captive under the guise of a pseudo populist.

TH

Archived