absolute minimum

buddha

Hi,

"OK KS....you want Turkeys like this on your Bored....up to you"

While it is no secret that I do not care much for BB, in this case he is right and you are seriously out of line. Don't like what he says, put him on ignore; don't start flaming him because they *you* are breaking my rules and as I already mentioned in the other thread (in response to your flame) you will be benched for a week for that. Effective immediately.

And, BB, do not for one minute think this means you have 'won' as I think you are just as guilty in this. The difference is that you don't resort to open flames. I am watching you as well though and do not appreciate you stirring up the shit here. Don't bother replying to this (yeah, I know fat chance of that) as I will not discuss this further.

This issue is closed!

Sanuk!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Issue reopened , risking the temporary death penalty :

In defense of BelgianBoy and in opposition to Kamui the aforementioned 10K for a dinner are definitely expensive but in a somewhat upmarket restaurant easy to achieve if you do not save on drinks . If Mr X takes out his wife for a birthday or other event he better consider paying that much . It is not " normal " but also in no way exotic . Exotic would be triple that and also not difficult to spend . Talking about Europe . Belgium for that matter prides itself in supporting the idea of civilised eating and such are very often prices .

To put things into perspective : standard restaurant dinner for 2 in Germany would be 2000/3000 , this would almost be a medium class Italian with some beers , though not too many.

As I have now joined the battlefield supporting the Belgian lines , a decent comment from an elder statesman might be in order : BB , you probably do not realise that your way to handle other people on this board has become a real pain in the ass for some time . I do not support the idea to ignore fellow boarzmen but in your case I prefer not to participate any more . Maybe you consider lightening up a bit . Most people here except myself and Old Hippie are basically in good mood and not up for sharp shots .

Hereby I close this matter , maybe the Great Leader is sleeping now and does not notice rioting swordsmen . Sincerest apologies .

Having suffered the Ire of KS in the past and also having to "Sit Out" of the forum due to my outspoken comments I am probably the last person to pass comment, but that has never stopped me in the past.

I honestly cannot see what BB has said that can be seen as offenssive. I have had some great times out with Dumsoda and CTO over the years in Bangkok and have never met BB but the attacks against him over the past 2-3 days were uncalled for IMHO.

Disagreeing with another persons POV is one thing, unsubstansitated insults and mudslinging is another, BB and I if we ever met may disagree on many things, but at least we will respect each others rites to have an opinion. Some posters really need to grow up.

BB you kept your cool and didn't resort to personal insults, well done, opinions are like arseholes unfortunately this forum has more than one.

Edit: Not directed at anybody in general but toward the off-topic posts that cause these kinds of flames in the first place.

Maybe it's me, but in a titled called ABSOLUTE MINIMUM, if somebody stated a number far below what you would consider the minimum, then you have no reason to post, since you are in no contention for the ABSOLUTE minimum.

my 2 satang.

So you want to go to an island?

Buy about 12 bags of concrete.

1 sheet of plywood.

4-5 2 X 4 8' long

1 good size solar cell collector.

1 frying pan.

1 pot pan

1 spoon.

1 fork.

1 knife.

1. car soda cooler

Pour slab.

Build leantoo.

Install solar collector to keep cold water.

Become a nudist and live off the land.

Once a month shave.

Total cost for one year - under 20,000 baht.

Which averages out 1660 baht per month.

We have lots of threads like...can i survive off of 45,000 baht per month, 60,000 baht...whatever...

What would be the absolute minimum one could spend and where would be the most enjoyable place to spend it.

To get the ball rolling...I just got laid off and want to spend 6-12 months just concentrating on fitness. No beer, no p4p [or very limited], no western food, no air con, no taxis, real eye of the tiger stuff. I would prefer to be near the ocean for snorkeling and fishing. I would show up with a mountain bike and that would be my form of transport.

I think I could pull it off in Phuket but the last time I was there was pre tsunami.

If you were going super spartan what could you EXIST on? And where would you do it?

I kind of liked the original question.

I'd like to know more about people who live in LOS on a low budget.

A minimalist approach to living in Thailand.

There are people that strictly live on their US Social Security which is between $1200 and $1600 US dollars/month.

As the exchange rate varies, so does their level of comfort.

Some drink a lot but do not chase women; others have the occasional lady but limited drinking.

They all live in approx. 8000 Baht/month apartments with low utility bills (electic, under 2000 Baht / month).

Go figure from there...

We have lots of threads like...can i survive off of 45' date='000 baht per month, 60,000 baht...whatever...

What would be the absolute minimum one could spend and where would be the most enjoyable place to spend it.

To get the ball rolling...I just got laid off and want to spend 6-12 months just concentrating on fitness. No beer, no p4p [or very limited'], no western food, no air con, no taxis, real eye of the tiger stuff. I would prefer to be near the ocean for snorkeling and fishing. I would show up with a mountain bike and that would be my form of transport.

I think I could pull it off in Phuket but the last time I was there was pre tsunami.

If you were going super spartan what could you EXIST on? And where would you do it?

I kind of liked the original question.

I'd like to know more about people who live in LOS on a low budget.

A minimalist approach to living in Thailand.

If you have nothing, you live on NOTHING! Hence, the question seems almost pointless at times, as each person is different.

Archived