Lurkers, why don't you post?

khunsanuk

well I never knew that ALL Thai related sites were monitored, you would think they had something more important to do and must take up a great deal of manpower. I never read the PM I must admit, but if threats were made it probably should be told to others. Not sure what you mean by 'monger' but I expect you mean those interested in nightlife? my point if true this limits the appeal of the site, and Police monitoring certainly does not help. Who are the female posters, don't think i ever noticed anyone as yet. Although it is 'Thai360' is misses out on a lot of Thai things, just compare to Thai visa to see the difference.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not just Thai websites ALL websites are monitored but Thailand moreso since the infamous Laurance Godfrey lawsuit back in the 90's (I cannot say anymore about him he may try to sue me)

As for Thai Visa you are having a laugh aren't you, a bunch of jumped up egotistical keyboard warriors where a small percentage believes their opinion is gospel and deletes posts and bans posters whos opinions differ from their own.

Thai visa has far more posters but:

- This is a heavily sponsored forum -> thus many "business owners" or interested people posting anouncements/publicity

- Moderation is absolutely nuts

- Info is sometimes completely inaccurate or for some parts of the forum utterly anything but the truth

- When you ask something usually you don't even receive an answer

- Thaivisa is full of "I know all about Thailand" type of posters who can't even find their way on Asoke and much less order some food in Thai

etc.....

Forgot: Heard (from someone working in the same company) that employees from a "certain" company are "incited" to post often...

Not just Thai websites ALL websites are monitored but Thailand moreso since the infamous Laurance Godfrey lawsuit back in the 90's (I cannot say anymore about him he may try to sue me)

As for Thai Visa you are having a laugh aren't you, a bunch of jumped up egotistical keyboard warriors where a small percentage believes their opinion is gospel and deletes posts and bans posters whos opinions differ from their own.

Mate....I think our lurker friend is just taking the piss......

and good for him.... why the fark not....

It's interesting to see familiar writing styles emerge on the Board....

...Wonder if the Thai360 Police monitor ISP sites....

Interesting thought

Cheers DC

From what I have seen there are more than a few, but fewer, know it all's and keyboard ego warriors on here. It's only a bit worse on TV as it is much larger. I just think there might be more posters here if there were some sections the same as on there that reflect more about Thailand eg budhism, rather than mainly prostitiution. I always had good and quick advice on TV, maybe lucky.

The problem is that threads about bargirls, sex end up outside of the nightlife section to often. Thus prohibiting other people from joining.

Also I feel the nightlife section should be split up into a non naughty nightlife section which is public. And a naughty nightlife section which is more hidden.

Also the mods should ruthlessly move any threads touching naughty nightlife or sex to the nightlife section. To keep the other sections free and encouraging other people to join.

I suppose I'm still a newbie, then? Ah well. I guess I kinda lurk along for a few months at a time, then go in heavy for a while when my LOS habit overcomes better instincts for discretion and self-preservation, or when Pattaya demands to be typed out in black & white after a good weekend. Good god, yes, privacy prevents you all from getting the truth, as done some sliver of sense that I still don't know a damn thing about Thailand (whether or not the rest of you do, I can't be bothered).

And so, eternal newbie, I remain.

YimSiam

Archived