Lurkers, why don't you post?

khunsanuk

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Perhaps I should have said the main interest here being prostitiution, KS himself said " And like it or not, nightlife is a big part of Thailand" -and on this board.

It seems you have tunnel vision. I just counted up all the posts on this board via the main forum page. There are 45305. Of that, there are 7515 in the Nightlife section. That's 16%. The nightlife section is the second smallest section on the board.

But this is not attractive to everyone, and I have not seen anyone mention the names of any women or Thai posters yet.

We respect privacy around here. There are plenty of each that I know of, but it is no one's business unless they wish to tell you on their own.

...mainly a bunch of sex tourists, sex pats and guys who married prostititues?

Ahhhh, yes. Same old tired stereotype: all Thai women are whores, eh? Piss off. You'd better hope you don't say that around my ex-wife or my current GF: they'd claw your eyes out (I am assuming you are a female). Can you imagine how horrible it was for my daughter to overhear someone like you say nasty shit about her being a whore when she is just walking hand in hand with her father? As I said: piss off.

Do guys here enjoy the nightlife? Sure. So do some of the women who post here. It is legal fun amongst consenting adults, not hurting anyone. Why are you so judgmental? Folks around here are not.

Perhaps Lonely Planet Thorntree, ThaiVisa or maybe even TeakDoor is more to your style.

Regards,

SD

Quite brilliant and the best post yet I have seen on this board, can someone post a link to more of this guys stuff?

alter ego or self-reincarnation clapping? :neener:

click on members, type in the board name and click on posts where you can read all posts of a certain member!

Perhaps I should have said the main interest here being prostitiution' date=' KS himself said " And like it or not, nightlife is a big part of Thailand" -and on this board. [/quote']

It seems you have tunnel vision. I just counted up all the posts on this board via the main forum page. There are 45305. Of that, there are 7515 in the Nightlife section. That's 16%. The nightlife section is the second smallest section on the board.

But this is not attractive to everyone, and I have not seen anyone mention the names of any women or Thai posters yet.

We respect privacy around here. There are plenty of each that I know of, but it is no one's business unless they wish to tell you on their own.

...mainly a bunch of sex tourists, sex pats and guys who married prostititues?

Ahhhh, yes. Same old tired stereotype: all Thai women are whores, eh? Piss off. You'd better hope you don't say that around my ex-wife or my current GF: they'd claw your eyes out (I am assuming you are a female). Can you imagine how horrible it was for my daughter to overhear someone like you say nasty shit about her being a whore when she is just walking hand in hand with her father? As I said: piss off.

Do guys here enjoy the nightlife? Sure. So do some of the women who post here. It is legal fun amongst consenting adults, not hurting anyone. Why are you so judgmental? Folks around here are not.

Perhaps Lonely Planet Thorntree, ThaiVisa or maybe even TeakDoor is more to your style.

Regards,

SD

SD, why so aggressive? Just because the OP has a different idea of the board? I presume most of us started out of interest with P4P and many later moved on to different topics in regard to LOS. In its core Thai360 was/is a punters board, otherwise we would have more females (are there any at the moment?) and couples here as well like on other LOS related boards.

Why? Because I've had to live with people and their shitty stereotypes for 25 years and it has affected my family & me. Ms Vampirella has some reservations on what functions we attend together because of perceived prejudices (but that's mostly from Thais and Thai functions) -- that's bullshit and I hate to put her in such a position (I also know I have little hope of changing the Thais as a farang, so I target farangs to educate as they *should* be more open-minded anyway). I've had conversations like we've seen from the OP and I can see where she is going with it. It all follows the same route. If I can stop it, or educate, I will.

If I am wrong, I apologize to the OP, but I doubt it.

This board is much, much less nightlife oriented than in the past. Look at the numbers I posted (16%!) and look at the amount of threads lamenting the "death" of the nightlife section. I happen to think this board represents a good mix of what life in LoS is really like, without ignoring any of it.

Cheers,

SD

Prejudice is also a double edged sword, not only do we have to put up with "all Thai females are whores" misguided opinions there is also the "all farangs in Thailand are whoremongers" misconception

Just because you found Thailand as a whoremonger don't try to put us all in the same boat, you would be suprised at just how many westerners found Thailand without their dicks, but I suppose if one hangs out in Lower Suk Ghetto or Pattaya you would probably never had the opportunity to meet such people.

Indeed! I was traveling around the world, never intended to stay or get involved with a Thai girl...now I have a well educated Chinese-Thai girlfriend from a well-off family...oh and btw sanyar, she reads the board sometimes and is a member here...

Otherwise well done. I think you managed to be wrong on all counts.

Archived