What would you have done?

Ckrisg

I agree that the 2 main english language newspapers

are trash (but nearly not as bad as the pattaya newspapers).....and I was amazed that they didn't even report NEP and/or nana hotel (??) murder/suicide last year (where the jap guy killed the bargirl, then himself).

But I got a kick out of how stickman called those newspapers trash (due to their under-reporting, and/or biased reporting) and said something like "i would never buy them anymore", and then the very next sentence he reports stories from those newspapers, and provides a link to them.

I also disagree with Stickman's often-stated view that the target customer base for those newspapers are Thai people.......that makes no sense.

The sick thing about the pattaya newspapers, that noone even mentions, is how the crime VICTIMS all get their names and pictures splashed all over the web. Once you're pick pocketed, or attacked.... FOR EXAMPLE., on Beach Rd., and the police get involved, you're USUALLY

reported in those newspapers...then anyone can google you on the web and find out what you've been up to.

And Stickman a few weeks ago praised that "pattaya one" (formerly "pattayacitynews" (i think) newspaper, in his column...never mentioning that atrocious practice.

p.s. Noone actually said the guy on soi 13 DIED...although a shot to the head usually does it. So if he didn't die, that could possibly be part of the explanation for news non-reporting.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree that the 2 main english

But I got a kick out of how stickman called those newspapers trash (due to their under-reporting, and/or biased reporting) and said something like "i would never buy them anymore", and then the very next sentence he reports stories from those newspapers, and provides a link to them.

I also disagree with Stickman's often-stated view that the target customer base for those newspapers are Thai people.......that makes no sense. .

Maybe he provided the link to show how trashy they were? As for Thai's not reading them why are they full of job ads for Thai's only?

You sure you didn't meet GTG - (or the original poster under that name)?

She definitely came to an old Woodstock meeting, and sat at the booth where Stick and I where (plus others) - it got so crowded I finally moved down to the pool tables.

There is no doubt that Ms. GTG is a real Thai lady, I thought that the only doubt now is if the person still posting under that name is actually her.

It was late 2001 or early 2002 - remember the back and forth with TTM about his project gal?

What happened to Jasmine?

I agree that the 2 main english language newspapers

are trash (but nearly not as bad as the pattaya newspapers).

Don't get me started on the Pattaya Mail. What a bag of arse-licking shit that thing is.

(As if anyone apart from the subjects themselves is remotely interested in some fuckers golfing day out complete with obligatory photograph with bemused bar staff.)

<<

There is no doubt that Ms. GTG is a real Thai lady, I thought that the only doubt now is if the person still posting under that name is actually her.>>

Interesting the sudden interest and defense of GTG in a thread about something else

;)

I'm now pretty convinced who the blokes are behind the name :)

...not at all...after all, what dumber response to an incident like this could there be? not contacting the police (anon if you like), not calling an ambulance or por teck tung or the like...but fleeing and e-mailing some random english teacher...

Damn. I gotta to admit that I agree with CW. The mind boggles as to what the guy acted as such, and because it was such a weird response, leads one to go "Hmmmm."

Cheers,

SD

Of course shit doesn't make the papers all the time. Face it, a mugging or robbery, even a violent but non-fatal one, is as common as "sun rises in the east" in any city of 12M people.

I'd say it is odd that the murder in a high profile area did not get coverage. Again, not doubting it to be certainly possible, but it does make one question the story.

Cheers,

SD

Archived