Not Sure How To Handle This One

bust

We spoke for a lengthy period last night and all she want's to do is move on and forget about it. Can never understand why woman think they somehow are responsible for this type of shit and they are not the victim. The simple fact that she said no repeatedly is where it should have ended.

Her biggest issue she told me is the shame involved and the gossip and inuendos that would accompany any type of investigation. I explained to her that it was not her fault but that seems to give her little comfort.

I suggested to her that he could be some kind of predator and she may not be the first or last this happens to. But she still just wants to let it go.

All the more reason for her to see a rape counselor. Now.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree....have told her to contact these people.

Friends of Women Foundation

218/16 Soi Pradipat 18,

Phayathai Bangkok 10400 Thailand

Tel: 279-0867, 278-3551

386/61-62, Soi Ratchadaphisek 44,

Ratchadaphisek Rd

Ladyao, Chatujak,

Bangkok 10900, Thailand

Tel: 66-2-5131001

Fax: 66-2-5131929

Something has got to be done about this guy. He could do it to more girls...and he might have done it to others already.

Why the fxxx he did this in a country where he can get his end away for a pittance is baffling.

I'd be all for getting the cops involved. This is the ultimate violation. I really don't like to get people to do things they don't want to do but this is one situation where I would do everything possible for her to go to the police. They WILL be interested. A Thai woman at a prestigious university being raped by a foreigner will have some of the cops rubbing their hands in glee.

I hope the bastard gets what's coming to him.

Rape is an easy charge to make. I'd be careful about hanging the guy on the basis of second-hand info...which might have originated from a source who might not be all that stable. As some here can appreciate, the mere inquiry involving such a charge, though the accusation may be entirely false, could ruin a person's career. A bullshit defamation suit would probably be the only recourse for any of us here...and the alleged perp.

H

Her biggest issue she told me is the shame involved and the gossip and inuendos that would accompany any type of investigation. I explained to her that it was not her fault but that seems to give her little comfort.

If she could only talk to other rape victims that have made their "peace" with the situation.

Right now she seems to be afraid of being judged by others, if she could receive advice or at least exchange conversations with people that experienced the same she could overcome the feeling of guilt and is probably willing to give into an investigation, which I think is what you need in order to go after the guy.

That she sent you pictures of this guy is a bit confusing to me, do you understand them as a silent permission to go after him or am I reading too much into it?

Best Of Luck

Bust, as I've stated, if you want my help let me know. Dealt with victims of abuse/rape, post-trauma counseling etc.

HH and others, regardless of whether the allegation is true or not, it needs to be taken seriously and the police should be informed. Allegations should always be investigated.

If it's true, then justice is served. If it's a made up allegation over some revenge issue, then this would be exposed. Letting this guy get away with it is absolutely the wrong thing to do!

Too many men think they can do what the hell they want to women.

Archived